Tambopata Tours Research Center Gato Waterfall 3 days/2 nights
Infiernol is a native community that is the Rio Tambopata and is located in the south of Peru Forest, just 19 km. of the city of Puerto Maldonado, in the department of Madre de Dios. This community is adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. “Hell”(Ese’eja in Peru) is a social and culturally diverse community,and it has several ethnic groups. As the natives’ eja (Hell is well known as Ese’eja in Peru), who live today as Andean settlers, coastal, mestizos (the result of unions between members of different ethnic groups). Infierno is now the main port of the nation’s reserves tambopata there begins crossing river boat trip tambopata either 7 hours or more depending on their programs address the Tambopata river hostels are located ,A virgin forest with greater diversity of species
- Length: 3 Days/2 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Tambopata National Reserve
- Activities: Tambopata Tours Research Center ,El Gato Waterfall, daily and night walking
- Altitude: 183 – 250 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
Short description of the Tambopata Tours Research Center – Tres Chimbadas
A small patch of bamboo forest very wet perfect pair flyovers as raptors through parrots, blue headed macaw, eagles, ectwithin this desanso forest creatures inhabiting many different species as birds, monkeys, ants, and have the opportunity to see the beautiful waterfall tampota where you may take a swim and natural fish like sardines, catfish etc.
Quick Itinerary of the Tambopata Tours Research Center – El Gato Waterfall:
TOURS DAY 1: Puerto Maldonado ,Transfer , Lunch ,Infierno native community, Boat River Tambopata , Lodge Chuncho ,Dinner ,Night Walk,
TOURS DAY 2: Breakfast ,Visit Tres Chimbadas Lake , Fishing , Night Caiman
TOURS DAY 3: Chuncho Lodge , Breakfast , Return by Boat to Commmunity Infierno Port , Buss Back to City Puerto Maldonado 45 Minute , Transfer to earport
DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO, TAMBOPATA TOURS RESEARCH CENTER RIVER, CHUNCHO LODGE
We pick you up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado to take you first to our office where you can leave your things unnecessary for the trip, but you need to bring a backpack for your personal items and more. There, you have also the last opportunity to buy some necessities such as batteries, waterproofs, etc. Then, you get on our private vehicle to take you for an hour ride following a dirt road watching changeable nature along the way such as diverse forest types, traditional farms cultivating bananas and citruses, cattle farms, streams, etc. Then, we get to the Native Community of Infierno where the port of Puerto Nuevo is situated.
We board our motorboat there to navigate for about 2 hours the Tambopata River with a direction to the Inotawa Lodge. During the ride, we are provided lunch consisting of vegetable rice wrapped in a bijao leaf (a leaf traditionally used in regional cuisine) along with fruits, biscuits and bottled water while we can admire flora along the river banks, for example, cañabravales, cecropias, ficus, as well as fauna such as birds. We may see weaving birds with their nests high up in the trees, herons, macaws, parrots or toucans.
If we are lucky, we might spot mammals such as capybaras and tapirs or white caimans and turtles resting on the banks. Once in the Inotawa Lodge, which is located on the banks of the Tambopata River, in the beginning of the Tambopata National Reserve, we accommodate ourselves while our Tour Guide indicates us about the best ways on how to enjoy our stay. In the afternoon, our Tour Guide takes us on a walk to explore fauna and flora near the lodge. So we can watch some birds, for instance, trogons, quails, guans (wild turkeys – Penelopinae) as well as trees and vines such as Shihuahuacos, Almendrillos, Ceibas. Then we are served dinner in the lodge.
Optional: A night walk in a company of our Tour Guide who shows us some nocturnal animals, for example, nocturnal monkeys, frogs, spiders or insect.
DAY 2: INOTAWA LODGE, TAMBOPATA TOURS RESEARCH CENTER, EL GATO WATERFALL
After breakfast, we get on the boat to sail upstream the Tambopata River for about two hours until we reach the Gato Creek. There, we start a short hike to get to the astonishing El Gato Waterfall inviting us to take its photos as well as to enjoy an unforgettable swim! Later on, we explore the local high rainforest vegetation full of epiphytes and bromeliads and millenarian Brazilian nut trees as well! In the afternoon, we return to the lodge.
Optional: A night caiman observation in the Tambopata River.
DAY 3: CHUNCHO LODGE, TAMBOPATA TOURS RESEARCH CENTER, PUERTO MALDONADO
We board a motorboat early after breakfast to take us back to Puerto Maldonado navigating upstream the Tampopata River. There, we transfer you first to our office to collect your belongings and then either to the airport or the coach terminal to take your connection.
End of service!
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
Included in the Tambopata Tours Research Center – El Gato Waterfall:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation:
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 2x breakfast, 2x lunch, 2x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a lodge;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Tambopata Tours Research Center – El Gato Waterfall:
- Entrance fee to the Tambopata National Reserve (65 Soles);
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Tambopata Tours Research Center – El Gato Waterfall:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.