Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle-5 days /4 nights
- Length: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Tambopata National Reserve, Sandoval Lake Reserve, Tambopata EcoLodge
- Activities: Monkey Island, Sandoval Lake, palm clay lick, piranhas fishing, canopy, zip-line, kayaking,
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 360 USD
Short description of the Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle-5 days:
The Tambopata National Reserve refuges a wide flora and fauna biodiversity in Tambopata EcoLodge!! Thanks to this tour, you are given an opportunity to experience and share a natural habitat of a huge number of animals with them!!
Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle is during the tour, you have an opportunity to try a big variety of uncommon activities such as adrenaline sports of zip-line, canopy and kayaking amidst the wild Amazon jungle! You also try sport fishing of dangerous piranhas, observe the Monkey Island where 3 monkey species live, explore Sandoval Lake, discover a palm lick attracting loads of macaws to eat and walk in this pristine part of the jungle learning about its ecosystem!!
Quick Itinerary of the Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle-5 days:
Tours Day 1: Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle – Puerto Maldonado – Madre de Dios River – Monkey Island
Tours Day 2: Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle – Sandoval Lake
Tours Day 3: Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle – Piranhas Fishing – Canopy – Zip-Line
Tours Day 4: Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle – Collpa de Palmeras – Kayaking
Tours Day 5: Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle – Madre de Dios River – Puerto Maldonado
DAY 1: TAMBOPATA ECOLODGE AMAZON JUNGLE -PUERTO MALDONADO – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – MONKEY ISLAND
Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle you are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip, but you need to bring a backpack for your personal items and more. Then, we transfer you to the port of Puerta Capitania where you board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River for an hour. On the way, we observe various flora and animal species such as turtles, birds, capybaras and lizards sunbathing on the river shores.
Then, we stop shortly at Monkey Island (Isla de los Monos) to view some of its 3 monkey species. Later, we reach the Eco Tambo Lodge where we are welcomed by a fresh fruit juice! Afterwards, we accommodate ourselves in twin private rooms and enjoy a short rest. Later on, we follow jungle paths while our experienced Tour Guide explains us about local animals and plants such as trees having over 500 years of age (!), medicinal plants, toucans, orioles, trogons, macaws, monkeys, butterflies, etc. We get back for dinner then.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 2: TAMBOPATA ECOLODGE AMAZON JUNGLE – SANDOVAL LAKE
After breakfast, we board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River until we get to a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check we start walking for 5 km to reach Sandoval Lake. There, we take a canoe bringing us to the centre of the lake where we are served lunch watching its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, pumas, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, Jesus birds (or lily trotters), red howler monkeys, common squirrel monkeys, white-faced capuchins, sloths, etc. In the end of the day, we return to the lodge for dinner, a shower and overnight.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 3:TAMBOPATA ECOLODGE AMAZON JUNGLE – PIRANHAS FISHING – CANOPY – ZIP LINE
In the morning, we start walking on surrounding jungle paths enabling us to get to know the biodiversity that this Amazonian jungle site includes. Just to name some of the plant kingdom, you can find there some medicinal plants, ayahuasca, giant and very old jungle trees or chestnuts.
Local representatives of the animal kingdom are birds, mammals, reptiles, butterflies, etc. Then, we try to fish piranhas in the Gamitana River. After that, we get back to the lodge for lunch and a short break. Afterwards, an adrenaline activity awaits us as we try canopy – a walk on a hanging bridge to observe the Amazon landscape from another perspective! But no worries, this is not the only adrenaline sport that you can check today as we are given an opportunity to do zip-line immediately after that!! The zip-line is located above trees in a height of 30 meters! Finally, we return to our lodge for dinner and a nights stay.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 4: TAMBOPATA ECOLODGE AMAZON JUNGLE – COLLPA DE PALMERAS – KAYAKING
Very early wake-up expects us today as we go to the Collpa de Palmeras where a huge number of various palms grow in water creating an area of marsh. It attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest.
Then, we go back to the lodge to be served breakfast to later continue observing more of the jungle nature; for example, monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. For lunch, we get back to the lodge. The afternoon is dedicated to an adrenaline sport again as we do kayaking near the Monkey Island! In the evening, we pick our flashlights up to be able to see nocturnal life around the lodge such as a tarantula, a frog, a toad or insect seeking their victims in the shade! Dinner, shower and overnight in the lodge.
DAY 5:TAMBOPATA ECOLODGE AMAZON JUNGLE – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – PUERTO MALDONADO
After breakfast, we board a motorboat taking us back to Puerto Maldonado sailing up the Madre de Dios River. There, we pick our baggage up from the office and then we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service!
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
Included in the Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle 5 days:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation:
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fees to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 4 nights in lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Special equipment for canopy, zip line and kayaking;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle 5 days:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Tambopata EcoLodge Amazon Jungle 5 days:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.